Thursday, July 10, 2014

Teachers Write Day 4: WORD HOARD!

Today is quick write Thursday and Megan Frazer Blakemore introduced the most awesome strategy... the WORD HOARD! Check out her full lesson on Kate Messner's blog post here. Megan Frazer Blakemore is the author of The Water Castle and more!


Remember, my blog posts are more just a public place for me to share this process (and I am loving being in this gigantic global writing group) than producing anything polished or amazing. I'm hoping that later on in these posts I can find a tiny seed of inspiration for something more. So, here's my word hoard! Since I'm not in the middle of another piece of writing, I started with my puppy Lola and her historical namesake . I had to do a little research on Lola Montez before I could get started. I posted the "hoard" on Kate's blog, and got a reply just minutes later from Megan herself.

I'm starstruck, truly. The power of technology still blows my mind! 





Image credit
Lola
born Eliza in Ireland
spoiled half wild child
Spanish dancer
eloped at 16
grand
lace
feather
mistress
hat
scented water
mirror
business woman
delicious
lantern
wise
dusty existence
entertained miners in the Gold Rush
1850 Sydney Australia
rumored that she flared her skirt with no undergarments beneath
determination and temper
spider dance
whip
California Historical Landmark 292



Lola
My Lola
orphan
named Eve when we adopted her
short legs
white
snuggly
hair standing on end
growling playfully
protective
napper
likes milk
bares her teeth in bed
historical namesake
digs
catches flies
whiny
likes to sit in the driver’s seat
hogs the bed
scratches with her nails
loyal
sweet and sour

No comments:

Post a Comment