Sunday, January 20, 2019

These are a few of my favorite things


 In 2019, I'm working on getting healthy and organized! As I am getting rid of things and clearing out clutter, I'm trying to focus on having less STUFF. It's not so much about getting rid of everything, but rather having and keeping things that bring you joy. 


For several years I have been inspired by Marie Kondo's book: 
The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up and now a seres on Netflix.  
I love her ideas around surrounding yourself with people and things that make you happy.  
Like holding a puppy happy!

Here is a little list of some things I just LOVE. 


First, I thought the only Smart Watch was an Apple Watch. I wasn't sure I even wanted one--I love my Fitbit Surge, but it does just look like a boring fitness watch. And actually, I think the Apple Watch is kind of plain, too... And then a few days before Christmas I stumbled across this blog post by Rachel Hollis -- Five Business Trip Essentials and I discovered that Michael Kors makes smart watches that are beautiful! This watch will still tell me if I am getting a text or phone call, and can send notifications from other apps, too. I find that having the other notifications on means the battery lasts a shorter time, so I have them off. It looks like jewelry. AND you can change the watch faces! Also, I'm back to wearing my little Fitbit Flex on my other wrist just so I can still be in the fitness challenges :) I got my watch at the Michael Kors outlet near me-- my Christmas present from Sam!



iLife Robot Vacuum Cleaner $159.99 
Amazon Link

I love this gift from my daughter Hope! I have two dogs who shed CONSTANTLY. I can not keep up with the fur! But this little robot picks it all up and I no longer see any. It even goes over different level floors and under coffee tables. It is amazing. And it motivated me to keep everything else clean :)

Lola didn't like it at first :)
On sale for $22.00 -- lots of fun colors!
These Fleece-Lined Old Navy Jeans Are the Winter Essential I Never Knew I Needed --post from Oprah Magazine

These are SO comfortable. You're welcome.


Sugar-Free Orange Creme Sparkling Water
Eating healthy but still want to enjoy a sweet dessert taste? This flavor is my favorite. This is the Raley's version, but most grocery stores seem to carry a drink like this. 


I love not having to decide what to make OR shop two meals a week. I've tried Hello Fresh & Blue Apron, and I have decided that Blue Apron is my favorite! I also like that I get to make things I wouldn't normally make. My menu was getting kind of boring! Message me to try it for free!

Recipe card pic

My version
The Fitness Marshall
My Playlist
( FYI --I had to google how to embed a playlist just to get this in here!)
This is a list of 11 of his videos that I really have fun with-- dancing in my living room and driving my dogs crazy. Trying to avoid hitting the ceiling fan -- hello 8 foot ceilings! I think Starships might be his first video ever, and I discovered it when my friend Petra was doing a dance elective class at our school with some of the 4th and 5th graders.  His videos are so random, sometimes in a gym or studio, sometimes in a park, outside a fancy house, or even in an alley. I think he is hilarious.





Fitness, fashion, and food. These are a few of my favorite things!

No comments:

Post a Comment