Saturday, April 4, 2015

Chase life. Create joy.


This morning we celebrated the life of Anthony. 
He was 28 years old and was killed by a driver while crossing the street last weekend in New Mexico. 
He wanted to travel the world. He loved to cook. He loved everything.

We met Anthony thirteen years ago.
His sister played softball with our oldest daughter Hope.
I can't remember a time when he wasn't smiling. 

Photo courtesy of Krissy Downs 
This morning, Anthony was remembered with tears and laughter. A little profanity. Baby pictures, teddy bears, and images of a young man who truly embraced life, chased adventure, and was loved by so many.

I cannot imagine losing a child. I am heartbroken for his family.
And I am inspired to not waste a moment.

No one will remember me for having a clean office.
Life is meant to be shared with others, chasing dreams, laughing, and making mistakes.
I plan to drive to the ocean as often as I can, even if it is out of the way, just so I can see it.

I love my friends, my family, and my work, and I will try hard to balance them all.
People described Anthony as a person who changed their lives.
He made a difference.
He made them feel special.

I am inspired by you. I will never forget you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment