Sunday, June 29, 2014

Chrome mystery solved: Where are my Embed Gadgets?

Oh where, oh where have my embed gadgets gone? Oh where, oh where can they be? For several months now, I've noticed that some of my embed gadgets that used to work in my Google sites show up as big blobs of nothing.

Blob. Ugh.
See? There should be a blog where the white space is. I was in the middle of our Rock Star blogging session when a teacher asked if she could embed her blog in her Google site. Hmmm. I didn't know, so I googled it. Sure enough, you can! I found this awesome video that showed just how to do it.


And then it didn't work. Big white blob where my blog should be. I spent a good part of my lunch trying to figure it out. Finally, I read that Chrome had updated some setting that made the browser think the embed gadget was unsafe, and was blocking it. See the little shield in the address bar below? That's how you know it's blocking script.

See the shield?

Unsafe! :( But click it! 

Hooray! The embed gadget appears where it should be!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks you very much for showing us how to do this. This will give teachers a chance to publish their blogs on a web site and not have to repeat information twice - once in Blogger and again in Sites.

    ReplyDelete