Monday, December 30, 2013

It's Monday! What are you reading? #bookaday-ish

Jen and Kellee host this weekly meme- be sure to stop by and comment on their wonderful blog:

I love, love my job. Really! But I really look forward to vacations for two reasons: sleeping in and reading! It is such a treat to not have to set an alarm clock! My crazy puppy gets used to sleeping in after a few days of vacation and we sometimes don't get up until the late hour of *gasp* 7:45 or so. Heaven! By that time, I'm ready for a cup of coffee anyways. Getting up is one thing... getting out of my pajamas is another! I try to take a few days each break to just lounge and read in my PJ's all day. Forget chocolate- this is my guilty pleasure!

I love Donalyn Miller's  #bookaday challenge for reading over vacation. Check out her #bookaday blog post for a more complete explanation, but here are the big ideas. Although she mentions summer vacation, it works for any break.

The rules (more guidelines, really) are simple:
  1. Read one book per day for each day of summer vacation. This is an average, so if you read three books in one day (I know you’ve done this!) and none the next two, it still counts.
  2. You set your own start date and end date.
  3. Any book qualifies including picture books, nonfiction, professional books, audio books, poetry anthologies, or fiction—children’s, youth, or adult titles.
  4. Keep a list of the books you read and share them often via a social networking site like goodreads or Twitter (post using the #bookaday hashtag), a blog, or Facebook page. You do not have to post reviews, but you can if you wish. Titles will do.
This break, my reading is more #bookaday-ish. You don't really have to read a book each day- it's more of an average. But I have crossed quite a few books off of my list. My goal this break has been to finish a few Book Club books as well as some of the Newbery hopefuls! Here's what I've been reading!

Recent reads




Currently reading


Up next!





Happy New Year! What are you reading?

No comments:

Post a Comment