Thursday, January 1, 2015

Click it. Click it good!

One of my favorite things about blogging is coming up with titles for posts. I try to come up with something clever and my husband (if he ever read my blog) would surely think they are silly. However, I do think there is something to the idea of choosing a snappy title... something more memorable than "my most popular blog posts of the year" or something equally boring. I do also like to incorporate video where I can, even if it's only loosely related. So, with a nod to Devo... here are the most clicked posts of 2014. 

Click it! Click it good!

image credit
Before we get to the top five, I would just like to say that this post is not at all about tooting my own horn or even celebrating the number of clicks. Truly, I am THRILLED that anyone would read my blog at all and I am so grateful to have a space to think and write and reflect out loud. I am also so grateful for the posts of others-- I am inspired all year long by bloggers everywhere. This post is more of a look back and also a chance to wonder about why these posts were the most clicked this year. Today when I went to look, I was actually kind of surprised at the results. And I have a few ideas as to why these posts were the popular. 

It's all about the hashtag. #twitterrocks

When I looked at these posts, I knew right away that each of these posts was tweeted to a hashtag that has an active online and Twitter community. I've posted the hashtag below each of the post links and when you read you will see what I mean. If you aren't familiar with the hashtags, check them out to connect with some amazing and passionate educators! The number one most clicked post for 2014 was my biggest surprise. That post was actually kind of a retread of a post from a year earlier when I was still in the classroom. However, the combination of two rockin' hashtags and also shining the light on what even little kids can do when given access to digital tools resulted in a lot of looks at that post. I hope you enjoy the look back and thank you for visiting my blog!

image credit
#tlap


Yes, he is holding a bra.


#cuerockstar





image credit



#cuerockstar





image credit

#caedchat 





image credit 

#DLDay #nwp





Click it! Click it good! Thanks, Devo for the inspiration!

























No comments:

Post a Comment