Sunday, January 6, 2019

5 to Thrive for 2019 #everyday


Inspired by Rachel Hollis, I'm on day four of 5 to Thrive for 2019! Although I'm familiar with this as part of the #last90days challenge for finishing the year strong (which I did not do), I'm super excited to start the new year off in this way! I LOVE the mix of health and mindfulness in this little list and am loving doing these 5 things every day. ***Updates 1/13/19 in italics

  • Get up an hour earlier than you normally do – use this time for YOURSELF.  
    • Since January 3rd I have been doing this every weekday-- waking up between 4:45 and 5 am. I'm writing in my gratitude journal, and my Start Now journal (it has space for gratitude and goal setting) and I love the quiet in the morning, snuggling with my dog and enjoying a cup of coffee. Note: I am NOT a morning person. And, today is a Sunday and I woke up automatically at 5:55. Just enough time to write and see the sunrise!

  • Work out for at least 30 minutes. 
    • I have done this EVERY day since January 3rd, some days walking as much as 13 miles, and most days just a quick 30 minute loop around my neighborhood -- usually in the dark :) I look forward to this each day!
I love taking pictures on my walks :)
  • Drink ½ of your body weight in ounces of water. Take the amount you weigh, divide it in half and whatever number that is in ounces is the amount of water you drink every day. 
    • I have been drinking 96 oz of water every day. I bought a 32 oz bottle with ounces on it so I can really know how much I am drinking. Some days I am chugging at the end of the day. I don't love it, but I know it's good for me. 
  • Give up ONE food category you know you shouldn’t be eating. Do it for at least 30 days.
    • Bread. I don't miss it. I only had bread one day on a Subway sandwich at school when I forgot to pack my apple for lunch. I was so hungry I could have eaten my arm. But other than that day, I have not had bread! Croutons don't count, for the record :)
  • Write down 10 things that you are grateful for. 
    • I'm writing at least eight every day. One journal has a spot for five, the other has three. I love this and have so much to be thankful for!

1 comment:

  1. Are you in need of help to bring back your lover who left you? help to solve your infertility problem and to get pregnant? If you have difficulty conceiving? Impotence, Gonorrheal, STI (sexually transmitted infection) Stroke and Diabetes, Fibroid, Getting your money back from whoever owes you and refuse to pay, Job promotion, Asthma etc.. Dr.Obodo can help you.. Contact him Asap and all your problems shall be gone forever.

    Email: templeofanswer@hotmail.co.uk

    WhatsApp: +(234)8155 42548-1

    ReplyDelete