Tuesday, July 7, 2015

An invitation to wonder #teacherswrite

image credit
Can it be true? An invitation to wonder to kick off the first day of Teachers Write? This is my favorite kind of writing- a chance to dream and a chance to make a list. Ever since Reading Ralph Fletcher’s “A Writer’s Notebook: Unlocking the Writer Within You”, writing a list has become my favorite starting place when I write, even though I’m starting a day late. Usually, I’m not late, but just for today I am. Just for today. Thanks, Kate, for today’s invitation to wonder!

I wonder about...

I wonder waterfalls and what it would be like to have a secret home or world behind one

I wonder what dogs think and if they are talking when they bark or whine

I wonder what it would be like to visit another planet

I wonder if I will ever get to see the rainforest. The book River of Doubt inspired me

I wonder if I will ever skydive or hang glide. I love Soaring Over California at Disneyland but I’m terribly afraid of heights

I wonder about the future

I wonder about being a grandma one day. Will it be soon, not too soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment