|Rogue sunflower in my yard|
Then followed that beautiful season... Summer....
Filled was the air with a dreamy and magical light; and the landscape
Lay as if new created in all the freshness of childhood.
~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
|Looking towards the koi pond|
I love summer. Sleeping in. Staying up late. Sitting in the back yard with a book all day if you feel like it. Last week at book club, it felt like summer even though I still had four days of school left. We sat outside in the garden sipping pinot grigio and strawberry lemonade under the pine trees in Camino. It was heaven. We laughed and talked about vacation plans and families and sandals. School was already out for my book club friends, and their summer spirit was contagious.
|View from my back deck|
Today is my first day of summer. I'm in love already. I haven't written a blog post since April and I am so excited to have time to write. In my back yard I can hear the pond and the water fountain, and the aspen leaves if only just a little. Tri tip is smoking on the BBQ and the sunflowers from Green Acres have been planted.
|Green Acres sunflowers!|
Summer Bucket List
- Read. I have so many books in my to-be-read pile!
- Take one vacation to the ocean and disconnect. I did this last year and I loved it.
- Connect with people I haven't had time to see during the school year. I have two "playdates" scheduled with admin friends this summer. I'm looking forward to visiting and getting recharged for a new school year.
- Kayak. My kayaks currently reside in Truckee and I miss them!
- Walk or run or both. I need to get back in the exercise groove!
I hope you have a fabulous summer!